Wednesday, June 22, 2011

BOB STARKEY JOINS UCF COACHING STAFF

 UCF women's basketball head coach Joi Williams has announced the addition of Bob Starkey to her coaching staff for the 2011-12 season. Starkey joins the Knights after 13 seasons with the LSU women's basketball program and 22 seasons involved with LSU basketball.

"I can't begin to express how excited I am about Bob Starkey joining our staff. I have known him for a long time and I've always respected his philosophical approach to the game," Williams said. "Bob has always shown himself to be a passionate and inspiring teacher. He is a rare find who brings both BCS and Final Four coaching experience to UCF.
 
"Our student-athletes, staff and the program will certainly benefit from his ability to transfer his incredible knowledge of the game and his commitment to elevating those around him to new heights. We are pleased to welcome Coach Bob Starkey to the UCF Women's Basketball family," Williams added.
 
"I'm extremely honored about joining the UCF family," Starkey said. "I've known Coach Williams for over a decade and while her success speaks for itself, it is the core values of her philosophy that has me excited about being a part of her program."

Read the entire article: http://bit.ly/lcotXu