Monday, August 22, 2011

FIRST TEAM MEETING MARKS BEGINNING OF LAST JOURNEY AT UCF FOR SENIORS


AISHA PATRICK: The team came together for a welcome back dinner with great food and great company from all the coaching staff last night at Coach Brown’s house. It was good to finally have all of our coaches and support staff together as a family. The environment was full of laughter and conversations on how our summer has been with the freshman being brought into our family.
The summer is now over. It is now time for us to put together everything we have worked hard for during the summer and show what type of identity we want our program to have.  As a senior I am excited for the journey we are about to take. Our coaches showed us that they are prepared and we are ready for whatever challenges they throw our way. I am overwhelmed with the opportunity that our program has to be a top 25 team. I’m confident that with our coaches’ guidance and our work ethic as players we can do great things.
The look on everyone’s face was determination and awareness. It’s clear to say that we are all ready to take one step at a time on a journey that I will forever remember -- being that this will be my last one with UCF women’s basketball. I have the sense of urgency that there is not a next year. The time is NOW!!
GO Knights!
Love PATTY J

Check out photos from the evening: http://on.fb.me/oWGLFR