Tuesday, December 6, 2011

TEACHING AND LEARNING AT THE YMCA

LEONELLA MONTALVO: On Saturday, December 3, 2011 your UCF Knights Women's Basketball team had the oppurtunity to be involved at a local YMCA basketball league. The kids in the league were as young as three years old. While participating I had the oppurtunity to speak with the kids and realize how much they enjoyed coming every Saturday. These young children were so eager to learn from me and my other teammates; while asking us so many questions they didn't realize they were teaching me and my teammates a lesson as well. I realized why I started playing basketball at the age of 6, because I loved it and because basketball was a way for me to escape and have fun. Somewhere a long the years, the many sprints and preparation I lost sight of how much I really loved this sport. Thankfully these children cleared my mind and allowed me to see  again, reminding me why I wake up every morning to practice; simply because I love it.