Thursday, October 27, 2011

ASHIA SPEAKS TO UCF BOARD OF DIRECTORS

ASHIA KELLY: This past year I became the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee's President. This title has afforded me some great opportunities, one of which was to speak in front of the Board of Directors of UCF. I was able to showcase my leadership outside of basketball in front of a wonderful UCF Administrative group. I am honored to been given the opportunity to display my personal growth to those that work to make UCF student-athletes successful. It is opportunities like this that every student lives for and I greatly appreciate the opportunity. This experience has opened my eyes and shown me how much athletics has impacted my life. I have become more confident and developed the necessary leadership skills to be successful later in life and am grateful for this. Thanks UCF for giving student-athletes like me the opportunity to become successful on and off the court.