Friday, October 21, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW SARAH GREEN

By Jenna Marina
UCFAthletics.com

With UCF's home exhibition game against Lynn on Nov. 6 just weeks away, members of the women's basketball team are taking a break from their busy schedules to provide a glimpse into their lives. In this Q&A installment, sophomore forward Sarah Green talks about the frontcourt's depth and the musical instrument she'd like to learn to play.
 
How strong do you think this year's frontcourt can be?
We can be really strong. We have six post players so I think we have a lot of potential. We have to put in a lot of hard work but I think we'll be pretty good.

Your brother plays football at conference rival Southern Miss. Does your family have a house-divided thing going on?
We play different sports, so when I play they cheer for me, and when he plays they cheer for him. When UCF plays Southern Miss, I cheer for my brother but I still want UCF to win.

How do you think the team is adjusting after losing five seniors from last year's team?
This year we have a mindset of a sense of urgency because we lost the five seniors. We know we have to pursue a championship, not defend last season's.

You've been known to break out in song. How does singing make you feel?
It makes me feel good when I'm entertaining everybody. I like to make everyone laugh. And I like music.

What was your first car?
I've never had a car.

What instrument do you wish you could play?
I'd like to learn to play the guitar really well. I have a guitar but I don't know how to play it. I got it as a gift.