Wednesday, October 12, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW BRYEASHA BLAIR

By Jenna Marina
UCFAthletics.com


UKnight Madness is just days away, and members of the women's basketball team are taking a break from their busy schedules to provide a glimpse into their lives. In this Q&A installment, freshman guard Bryeasha Blair talks about her friendship with Marcus Jordan and A.J. Rompza and how being short helps her game.

Halloween is at the end of the month. What is your favorite scary movie?
Insidious.

You went to the same high school as men's basketball guards Marcus Jordan and A.J. Rompza in Chicago. Are you guys close?
Once he found out I was going here, they gave me some pointers on how UCF was. They kind of influenced my decision. We haven't gotten a chance to hang out since I've been here, but we do see each other a lot in the gym.

What are your thoughts on Chicago pizza?
Chicago has the best pizza, hands down. My perfect pizza would be when the bread is flat and the crust is thick and has cheese on the inside. And sausage topping.

You're listed at 5-foot-4, did people tell you that you were never going to make it or play at the next level?
Yeah, and I'm sure there were people who thought it but never told me. It never really affected me. Being short, you actually have a lot of advantages. You're quicker and smaller. I just try to use my height to my advantage.

What TV show can you not stop watching?
Phineas and Ferb

Do you have any hidden talents?
Yes, I can dance. But everyone is about to find that out on Friday.

If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you wish for?
1. Unlimited Sour Patch Watermelon flavored candy.
2. I'd ask for super powers. The ability to fly and be invisible.
3. To come out with my own shoe and it be as popular as Michael Jordan shoes.