Thursday, October 27, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW AARIKA JUDGE

By Jenna Marina
UCFAthletics.com

ORLANDO, Fla. (UCFathletics.com) - With a little more than a week to go until UCF's exhibition game against Lynn on Nov. 5, members of the women's basketball team are taking a break from their busy schedules to provide a glimpse into their lives. In this Q&A installment, sophomore guard Aarika Judge reveals her favorite junk food and the philosophy she tries to live by.

In addition to basketball, you also played softball and ran track in high school. Out of the three sports, which is your first love?My first love was basketball because my sister was so much better than me in everything else. This was the one thing I wanted for myself, so basketball is what I strived to be the best at.

What's your favorite junk food?French fries. I could eat them all day every day.

What philosophy or quote do you live by?"Thank God for what you have; trust God for what you need." - Author Unknown

Who is your favorite athlete?The only and only Kevin Garnett.

What subject are you best at in school?P.E. (laughs). No, I'm just kidding. My best subject is math.
 
The reigning Conference USA championship women's basketball team is slated to play 18 home games, tipping off with Florida A&M on Nov. 18. UCF will also welcome Hartford, Florida Gulf Coast, Virginia Tech and Florida State just before the New Year. Fans can ensure that they don't miss a minute of play by purchasing their season tickets today by calling (407) UCF-1000 or by visiting UCFAthletics.com.