Tuesday, October 25, 2011

GETTING TO KNOW MEGHAN KEOUGH

By Jenna Marina
UCFAthletics.com

With UCF's home exhibition game against Lynn on Nov. 6 less than two weeks away, members of the women's basketball team are taking a break from their busy schedules to provide a glimpse into their lives. In this Q&A installment, freshman guard Meghan Keough dishes a little about her older sister Kayli and her skills in water sports.
 
What can you tell us about your sister Kayli that others wouldn't know?
Kayli has the biggest sweet-tooth. We have girls on the team that will hide pieces of chocolate in her room, playing pranks on her.

You made history by being a part of two consecutive championship teams at Tampa Catholic. What was it like to be a part of something that big?
It was unbelievable. I had the most amazing high school basketball experience I could ever ask for. I think that has helped me a lot transitioning because I've been on a winning team. Knowing how amazing it is to be a winning team and they won a championship last year, so coming in I have the same passion and desire to win. It's nice when you've been there and tasted it - it makes you more hungry.

When did you first learn to wakeboard and waterski?
My family lives on a lake and my dad taught us to knee board when we were four years old. That was the age that he wanted us to start learning. We water skied as we grew up, but I got into wakeboarding two summers ago. Some of my friends would do it. We have a ski boat now so every time I go home, I do it. It's so fun. My little brother is better than us. That's his thing. He tries to play basketball with us, but we're so much older. That's the one thing that he's really great at and he loves to correct us.

What sound or noise do you hate?
If I'm taking a test and people are breathing heavy. Or sniffling, that's annoying.

What is your favorite meal?
A really good steak. Or grilled chicken and pasta.

What was your favorite Halloween costume?
When I was 7 or 8 years old, it was really last minute. I had to come up with a costume the day of Halloween. My mom took a garbage bag and put holes in it and I was a bag of M&Ms. Another year, I was Dorothy with my red slippers, and of course I had to wear my red slippers to school every day in the month of October.